I apologize for the lack of posts lately, but due to recent developments (specifically divorce and custody issues), I've been rather preoccupied. And, although I have much to say regarding the aforementioned events, I doubt it wise to broadcast this part of my life on the internet. So, suffice it to say that it totally sucks, and I've had a couple near-breakdowns in the last month.
On a happier note, 2 good friends are expecting babies this year, and another is basking in the glow of parenthood after having given birth to her son three months ago. It's especially nice to finally share the joy and stress of pregnancy and birth with my dear childhood friends. I was so young when I had my first child - all my friends were in college, busy studying away. There was no one to commiserate with... my friends (and even my mother) couldn't begin to understand how I felt as I watched my body change, or how to describe that first kick. Now we can share our birth stories, nursing and napping tribulations - laugh and cry over all that being a parent entails.

2 Comments:
I wish you had more company during that time. Only now I realize how hard it must have been (also how exciting).
It must have been really hard. I can relate after the years of hearing Wes' teen mom stories. It's really affected the way he expects the whole thing to go. I keep having to remind him that it's not going to be exactly the same or anywhere near as hard (especially since he's not the one pushing the baby out this time!).
Post a Comment
<< Home