Saturday, January 21, 2006

This made me laugh and cry....

4/4/83
I baked butter cookies in the morning. I gave 6 to Mrs. Lee, 1 to the carpet cleaner, 4 to my dad, and I was going to save 4 for my mother. The cookie rate declined very soon. In the afternoon, I kept looking at the cookies because I had to wait until 6:30 for my mom to come home. I looked at the cookies and I started to grow hungry, so finally I took 1, and thought to myself, "there are are still 3 left for my mom." Later I looked at the cookies and ate them.
Yesterday was Easter sunday and I ate 4 eggs, 3 pieces of chocolate, ice cream and pudding. To us Easter means to celebrate spring, the coming of a good season. My family does not go to church nor do they pray or keep a bible. We don't even celebrate Christmas. We live a different way then other people. We celebrate Newton Day on Christmas. It just so happened that Isaac Newton's birthday was on Christmas. So we open presents, hang up stockings, and get a pine tree. My dad thinks it's silly to get a tree, but my mother likes the smell of it. She says it reminds her of home. It's very hard to explain all this, but since I'm writing this down and nobody will read it, it's a lot easier. We don't make a big deal about many holidays such as Halloween, Valentines Day, Ground Hog Day, and even, will you believe it, Fourth of July. We do celebrate New Years because we hope to have a successful year. I'm very content with what I have even if my mother and father are different. I will always love them! Forever!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Your journal entries are priceless. Did you show that to your Mom?

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home