20 firsts
I really should be doing something more productive, but oh well....
1. Who was your first Prom date? (this is kind of funny since N*** and I just recently had this conversation)
I attended my first (and only) P*n*hou prom with a boy named Tim. We'd been in the same homeroom class the past 3 years, and since we were both sorta geeky and didn't think we had any other prospects, we agreed to go together. Of course, this was months before the prom itself, and by the time the actual date rolled around, I had found a boyfriend. Still, Tim and I went together and took the requisite pictures together, but after that we did nothing together. I danced with my friends, talked with my friends, and eventually ditched Tim to meet my boyfriend. He was quite resentful and when the pictures came in, he pretty much just threw them at me. And, because I didn't like the pictures, I cut his head out of most of them. (If any of you actually have an untouched photo, I'd love to see it!)
2. Who was your first roommate(s)?
Well, my brother and I shared a room until I was 8 and he was 6, and then 11 years later I lived with M**k in a tiny apartment in Chicago for a year. But my first official (not family and not someone I was dating) roommate was K**dra, who'd broken up with her boyfriend in Memphis and decided to live with me in Chicago since M**k and I were taking a "break". That was the loooongest year ever, and I found out later that she was feeding her dog my Iams cat food the entire time (I was wondering why they ate so much).
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink the first time you got drunk?
I honestly can't remember the first time I got drunk. Tipsy, yes.... but not drunk. I do remember being pretty drunk at a bonfire beach party on the north shore with M**k and some of his Army buddies. I think I waded into the waves sobbing that he didn't love me before he rushed in and pulled me out. Then I passed out in the car, and because he wanted me to have fresh air, M**k left the windows cracked, which was terrible because then the mosquitoes descended. I was a huge, swollen, mosquito bite the next morning.
4. What was your first job?
I did babysitting at 15, but at 16 I worked very briefly at Ta*o Be*l. There is a reason why I will NEVER eat the taco meat from any Ta*o Be*l
5. What was your first car?
A 1985 Dodge Colt 4 door hatchback...yeah!!
6. When did you go to your first funeral?
I have never been to a funeral.
7. How old were you when you first moved away from your home town?
I moved from Pearl City to Chicago when I was 19.
8. Who was your first grade teacher?
I have no idea... I attended a Montessori school and the lower elementary classes were sorta lumped together, but I can't remember the teacher's name.
I
9. Your first trip on an airplane?
When I was 11 months old, I made the long trip from Seoul to LAX to be with my new, wonderful parents!
10. When did you sneak out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
Ummm, I can't remember sneaking out of the house, mainly because I didn't have a car until I was 18, and the busses didn't run that late. There were many times I didn't come home at all, but that's a different story.
11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?
My first best friend was M of MargaretJames and yay, we are still friends. As she'd mentioned, we met through a carpool, though it might've never been had she not been so "tiny". Why? M was the last to join the carpool - we'd already recruited 2 other families when we received a call from her mother. I remember my mom telling me the conversation went something like this:
my mom: "well, we already have 2 other boys riding with us, plus J, and my husband drives a pretty small car."
M's mom: "Oh, it shouldn't be a problem... M is very tiny and won't take up a lot of space"
She was right... M was not very big, but her "jelly" bag was ENORMOUS!! Of course, I also have to be thankful my mom was such a health nut and deprived me of sugar; or else I would not have so craved those breakfast bars and Toastettes!
12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house?
In a one bedroom apartment in Oak Forest, IL.
13. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid/groomsmen?
My friend V's wedding in Hawaii, September of 2001... I was supposed to fly back to ND on the 11th.
14. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Kiss Mia.
5. What is the first concert you ever went to?
I saw Robert Plant at the Blaisdell Arena in Hawaii when I was 18.... God, it sucked.
.16. First tattoo or piercing?
I pierced my ears when I was 17.... I chose star studs with a cz center. Unfortunately, I got a huge infection, and woke up one morning to see the right stud gone. I thought it had fallen out, but then realized that because my earlobe had become so swollen, it had slipped into the lobe itself! I had to go to the doctor who pulled the whole thing out the back of the earlobe. It took me a while to get them pierced again.
17. First Celebrity crush?
I thought Pierce Brosnan was pretty cute on Remington Steele.
18. Age of first kiss?
Are we talking with tongue? If so, 16. If not, 7, when I kissed some boy I liked on the cheek.
19. First crush?
I'd have to say it was Mark S. who happened to be in all my 7th grade classes at P*n*hou.... in fact, I think we crank-called him from M's house during a slumber party.
20. First time you tried drugs?
Uhhhh, if I had tried drugs, it would've been pot, and it would've been at some surfers house when I was 16, and I would've embarrassed myself completely by coughing uncontrollably.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home