Friday, March 31, 2006

For some reason, my mother has decided to try her hand at wine-making. It's something she decided to do on a whim after visiting our local home and garden store in search of bird seed. As it turns out, the owner, Woody Woodworth (no I'm not making that up), in addition to selling garden supplies, table linens, bird paraphernalia, and "culinary delights", also sells "quality wine kits". $250 dollars later, my mom came back to the house with everything needed to produce one's own wine. "I'm going to one of his wine-making classes next week!" she announced, looking quite pleased. Sure enough, she went, and now there's a big plastic bucket of fermenting grape juice sitting in the den. For some reason, I thought wine-making was a bit more sophisticated than this, but then, I didn't attend the class, so what do I know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

yummmmm.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home